This is an amazing opportunity to be part of an Amazing team with a local reputable flooring company that possesses a strong work ethic and morale standing in the industry. We believe in hiring Amazing people that want to learn and grow with us; make this the last job you ever apply for!
Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC is looking for a dependable person to join our Warehouse team full-time. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with great attention to detail. The basic function of the Warehouse Lead is to perform all aspects of the warehouse operation at the direction of the Owners. This includes receiving the product into the warehouse, organizing the product and preparing it for delivery to customers and/or installers, making sure that all materials are checked out to a valid work order, as well as maintaining the overall cleanliness and appearance of the entire storage facility.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic computer skills needed to review and produce as needed, to record entries and produce documents as required to handle the inflow and outflow of store inventory.
- Can effectively take direction from the Warehouse Supervisor and Store Manager.
- Able to interface with installers and all other store personnel.
- Desire to learn floor covering products.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Comply with Company policy as it relates to the dress code and professional appearance.
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the store interior and exterior.
- Oversee the maintenance of all warehouse racks and equipment and report any need for repair to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maintain the carpet “color wall” and pallet displays consistent with company guidelines.
- Drive to pick up materials from vendors using the company vehicle.
- Perform the receiving, storage and staging of material consistent with company warehouse procedures.
- Follow all safety procedures and practices as required.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License
- Valid Auto Insurance
- Ability to drive/operate a forklift required (forklift certification required prior to operating equipment, not provided by the company)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Able to Pass a Background Check
- Able to work Monday – Saturday
- Good with measuring and cutting flooring materials (demonstratable)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use all needed tools
- Strong work ethic and good time management abilities
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to drive/operate a forklift (forklift certification required prior to operating equipment, not provided by company)
- Must be able to lift min. 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse Lead/Supervisor/Manager (1 year preferred)
- Knowledge of the following: (1 year preferred)
- Flooring Installation
- Countertop Installation
- Cabinetry Installation
The Warehouse Lead generally works in a warehouse and retail sales environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers and telephones, machinery/mechanical equipment, ladders and heavy equipment (forklift). Routine exposure to frequent and heavy lifting, moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles.
The Company has reviewed this position summary to ensure that a description of the basic expectations, required qualifications, and physical requirements have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment and does not change the “at-will” relationship. Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC reserves the right to change this position summary, the job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (40 and over), disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories. Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC also complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
If you need assistance or to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability related to the search for employment opportunities or to complete an application, please contact us on the website contact page (www.amesflooringandinteriors.com/contact-us) or by telephone at 360-377-4864.
Ames Flooring & Interiors LLC is a smoke-free, tobacco-free work environment. In accordance with applicable state and local law, smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas.